The large batch was strong. Used 4 pounds of frozen pineapple and blended to make juice. We used 1/2 cup of blended pineapple and 1 Tbsp sugar and made 15 bottles.
The medium batch was strong as well. We made 8 bottles with 1/2 Tbspn sugar.
We pulled the pineapple at 2 days and it was explosive. Usually 2 days is fine, it may have been the extra juice or that it’s been a little warmer.
We pull all plains at 14 days. If we let it go 15 days its drier (still good) but when it gets warm it will get too vinegary.
We pulled the large batch after 7 days and it was weak and sweet. We juiced 8 grapefruits and used 1/3 cup grapefruit. 8 bottles had 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and 1 Tablespoon of sugar. 7 bottles had 1/3 cup grapefruit juice and 1/2 Tablespoon of sugar.
The medium batch was also sweet, a little stronger than the large batch but still weak. We did 1 teaspoon of sugar and made 9 bottles.
Pulled the grapefruit at 2 days and it was perfect. The 1 Tbspn sugar was popular but I thought it was too sweet and I thought the 1/2 tbspn was just right. One of the old bottles (1/2 Tbspn) did not fizz/ferment and may have been not been capped properly.
We let the both the large and medium batches go 9 days because we’re slackers. It was pretty fizzy but not strong. We used 1/3 cup of tangerine juice, 1 Tbspn of sugar. We made 16 bottles.
The medium batch was strong both vinegar and tea wise. We used 1/2 Tbspn of sugar and made 8 bottles.
We pulled the tangerine at 4 days at it was a bit sweet, however, everyone else loved it so 4 days it is!
We went 9 instead of 8 days for first fermentation but it wasn’t too strong. For the large batch we pureed 2 pounds of pineapple and added 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup, 1 Tbspn sugar and made 12 bottles. We pulled at 2 days and wasn’t too explosive.
The medium batch we made 11 bottles of plain adding 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
We pulled pineapple after 2 days and it was just right.
The large batch was weak – possibly due to a small SCOBY. For the large batch we pureed 1 1/2 personal organic ‘seedless’ watermelons. Seeds were removed before it was pureed. We used 1/3 cup of watermelon, 1 Tbspn sugar and produced 13 bottles
The medium batch was stronger than the large, we used 1/2 Tbspn and made 10 bottles.
Removed the watermelon late at 2.5 days and it was explosive.