We let the 1st fermentations go to 9 days (instead of the usual 8) as after testing it the large seemed weak. The extra day helped and it could’ve gone even another day.
We used the large batch to make the passionfruit. I scooped out over 100 passionfruit to make this passion fruit batch. I added 3 squirts of sugar water – maybe too much as it was already sweet. For first time I left the seed in adding 1/4 cup and 1/2 Tbsp sugar per bottle. We were able to make 10 bottles.
With the remaining kombucha we made plain adding 1 tsp sugar making 11 bottles.
The passionfruit was pulled at 3 days and it was a tad explosive but manageable.