This is first batch which we moved both the medium and large container into the office where it’s darker. We were concerned about sunlight coming in from kitchen sun tunnel especially during the long summer days. We had a number of flat plain – while it could be the bottle tops we also noted that SCOBYs have been looking kind of shabby as of late. SCOBYs looked much improved after 8 days in the office.
The medium batch was just right. We used strawberries and blackberries pureed using 1/3 cup plus 1 tsp sugar to make 9 bottles.
The large batch was a tad weak but not bad. We made 13 plain using 1 tsp of sugar.
We pulled the mixed berry after 4 days and it was slow eruption but not bad. A bit on vinegary side.