4/15 Greyhound (Ruby Grapefruit)

The large batch was strong we used 1/3 cup juiced grapefruit and 1 tablespoon of sugar. We made 14 bottles of greyhound.

The medium batch was very strong so we did 1/2 tablespoon to make 8 bottles.

4/5 Mango-Lime

The large batch was a little sweet and a little on the weak side. We pureed 2 pounds of mangos w 2 limes and used a 1/4 cup of the puree with 1 Tbspn of sugar. We made 13 bottles.

The medium batch was just right and we used 1/2 Tbspn sugar per bottle and made 8 bottles.

We pulled the mango lime at 2 days and it did not explode and it a good amount of fizz.

3/28 Cara Cara Orange

The large batch was very strong, just stirring made a lot of foam. We used 13 Cara Cara oranges juiced and used 1/3 cup, 1 Tbsp sugar to each bottle.

We made 15 bottles.

The medium batch was not as strong but had good fizz as well. We made 8 bottles and used 1/2 Tbspn sugar.

We pulled the Cara cara orange at 3 days and it was just right. Barely perceptible pop but perfect fizz.

3/20 Pink Greyhound ( ruby grapefruit)

The large batch kombucha was perfect. We juiced 9 large ruby red grapefruit and used a 1/3 cup per bottle with 1 tablespoon sugar. We made 15 bottles.

We pulled at 3 days and it was perfect. No pop but was fizzy and just enough sweetness.

The medium batch was also perfect we made 7 1/2 bottles and used 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.

3/12 Cherry-vanilla

The large batch was on sweet side not very vinegary and had good fizz. We took tart cherry juice 32 ounces and mixed in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Poured a 1/3 cup per bottle with 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. We made 12 bottles.

The plain batch was a little stronger so we used 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and made 10 bottles.

We pulled the cherry at 5 and half days. It had good fizz but could have used more vanilla.

3/4 Cara Cara Buch

Found nice big Cara cara oranges at the market to make this weeks large batch buch! We added 1/3 cup of Cara cara orange juice per bottle and a tablespoon of sugar. We made 15 bottles.

We pulled the Cara Cara at 5 days and it was highly explosive. Greg said all fruit should be pulled at 3 days. Will pull first one at 3 days to test. Previous Cara Cara blogs said we pulled ‘at least a week’ and was not explosive and another said anywhere from 5-7 days. This maybe due to sugar content – in the ‘at least a week’ only a teaspoon of sugar was used, in the ‘5-7 days’ batch we used 2 teaspoons of sugar. Greg has temperature app will start checking and logging temperature as well.

Plane batch we made 7 bottles and added 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.